Erotic furniture, also known as sex furniture, is any form of furniture that can act as an aid to sexual activity. While almost anything can be used for this purpose, the most common form of furniture employed for sexual activity is the bed, but couches and sofas come a close second. These are not strictly erotic furniture, as their primary use is not erotic.
A spanking bench
Specifically designed furniture for erotic purposes can include:
- Devices for spanking and flagellation such as the Berkley Horse
- Sex swings
- Sex Gliders
- Devices for using gravity to aid in lovemaking without the use of complicated slings.
- Fisting slings
- Various types of angled foam wedges or specially designed pillows that support various sex positions. See Liberator shapes for example or the ergonomically based Lovebumpers.
- Bondage equipment such as stocks and pillories
- Smotherboxes and other queening stools.
- The Love Chair, a curious chair made of curved tubular steel, articulated in several ways and designed to facilitate otherwise impossible sexual acts. This device was advertised in men’s magazines in the mid-1970s, and is seen in at least one of Nina Hartley’s Guide to videos, but it is no longer commercially available.